Inactive Accounts Due To Bad Credit Card Number Do Not Enter Collections
(Doc ID 2117473.1)
Last updated on APRIL 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Accounts Receivable (AR)
* Create a credit card account.
* Put a credit card on the account that will get rejected.
* Perform a $40 debit account adjustment.
* Now move PVT to next BDOM and run billing.
* As the adjustment item is not directly associated to a bill, the $40 shows up as "previous_total", and the "due" of the bill is $0
* This $40 will not be paid as we put a bad credit card number on the account.
* Now, the "total due" for the account is $40 but the "due" of the bill is $0, as there are no items directly associated to it.
* Thus the 'overdue bills' query of Collections (fm_collections_select_overdue_bills) never picks up this account.
Because the item associated with a debit adjustment (/item/adjustment) is not associated to a bill, an account with a debit balance due to such an adjustment (or other /item types that do not associate to a bill) will never go into collections.
Is this a product defect?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document