PCM_OP_BILL_POL_SPEC_BILLNO is Getting Called Twice During Suppression Cycles
(Doc ID 2122519.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), 126.96.36.199.0 version, Core Billing
With automatic bill suppression enabled, PCM_OP_BILL_POL_SPEC_BILLNO is getting called twice during suppression cycles.
1. Customer has hierarchy accounts, with paying parent and non-paying child
2. First bill is suppressed via customization and bill number is set (PCM_OP_BILL_POL_SPEC_BILLNO called).
3. Second bill is also suppressed as the bill due is lower than the minimum amount configured for suppression, but no call to PCM_OP_BILL_POL_SPEC_BILLNO.
3. Third bill is finalized as the bill due amount is more than the minimum amount configured for suppression and PCM_OP_BILL_POL_SPEC_BILLNO is getting called even though the bill number has already been set in first step.
* Since a customer in this case has customized PCM_OP_BILL_POL_SPEC_BILLNO to meet certain business requirement, the second call to PCM_OP_BILL_POL_SPEC_BILLNO is impacting their business logic. That is, to the BILL number sequence, customization is appending 3 digit in the end (as combination of last 2 digit of year plus Check Number).
* For Example:
* Here in the bill number 15001696168 ; 15001696 is sequence, 16 as in 2016 and 8 is check number.
* Now second call to the opcode OP_BILL_POL_SPEC_BILLNO is appending 3 more digits to the same, ex: 15001696168XXX
It is expected that in step 1, when bill is suppressed it should not call the policy or generate the bill_no. Kindly confirm if the above behavior seen is an expected behavior or an issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document