Last updated on MAY 13, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper - Version 6.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The goal is to create a subscription on notification when a SMS was delivered.
This can be achieved by using NotifySmsDeliveryReceipt method which sends a delivery receipt that a previously sent SMS has been received by its destination. The delivery receipt is propagated to the application given that the application provided a callback reference when sending the SMS.
The problem is that on OCSG 6.0 without any Patch Set installed, the notification is not coming.
The easier way to reproduce it's from PTE:
I. To make sure nothing else is interfering customer can try following:
1. make sure there is only one Px21 SMPP plugin instance.
2. make sure MBean attribute 'BindType' in the Px21 SMPP plugin instance is set to 1 (transceiver)
3. Stop the OCSG servers.
4. Stop and then start the SMPP simulator.
5. Start OCSG servers.
6. When OCSG is started, check 'Output' tab on the SMPP simulator. It should say something like "[2016-02-09 16:29:07,427] [Tranceiver] [127.0.0.1:3000] bound (1 connections)"
II. Run the test:
1. Client -> Short Messaging OneAPI -> Outbound-Notification Click start.
This is the application listener for delivery receipt notifications.
2. Client -> Short Messaging OneAPI -> Outbound-Subscription
Set parameter senderAddress to tel:1234
Click start. The outbound subscription should now be created. It can be verified by invoking MBean operation listDeliveryStatusNotificationInfo on the plugin.
3. Client -> Short Messaging OneAPI -> Outbound-Request
Now send a message, without 'receiptRequest' parameter.
But note that the 'senderAddress' parameter must be same as 'senderAddress' in step 2, in this case tel:1234, or else OCSG will not find a matching notification when the delivery report is sent from SMSC.
4. Go back to Client -> Short Messaging OneAPI -> Outbound-Notification and click the Results tab and you should see the delivery receipt appear after few seconds when the SMPP simulator sent the delivery report to OCSG.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms