Last updated on JUNE 13, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Subscription Management
Requirement - One product should support multiple billing frequencies and should be able to charge the customer in advance as per customer's request.
Explanation : Customer has only 1 product of specific type. Customer can request for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual billing frequency. Customer can change billing frequency at any time.
Since the customer changed his billing frequency in May, his quarterly event charged_to_t should be 14-Aug similar to Next_Bill_t.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. MRC product configured with monthly and quarterly cycle forward events.
2. Customer created and service activated on 20-April.
actg BDOM is 14.
Bill_when = 1.
3. Customer charged cycle_forward_monthly fees from 20-Apr to 14-May.
4. Customer billed for first time on 14-May. His next_bill_t is 14-June.
5. On 25-May, Customer changed his bill_when to Quarterly. His next_bill_t changes to 14-August.
On 14-June, pin_cycle_forward is executed cycle_forward_quarterly event is generated with charged_from_t = 14-June and charged_to_t = 14-Sept.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms