ACS Holiday Branch Issues
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 4.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Below are two known scenarios which impact the Day of Year (DoY) Feature Node.
1. Add DOY feature node to control plan
2. Update number of exits in node configuration to be 12 exits in total
3. Select UNIX timezone. e.g. Australia/NSW
4. Select ‘Any Holiday’ field to go to branch 1
5. Select ‘Default’ to go to branch 1
6. Select ‘Public Holidays’
7. Remove the default entry from the list of holidays (will be Jan1 – Jan1 entry)
8. Select ‘Add Whole Set’ so that all Holidays appear in window
9. Update ‘New Years Day’ to go our branch 2
10. Then update e.g. 'Australia Day' to go out branch 3
11. Continue the process updating all holiday entries to go out different branches
12. When you get to the last holiday e.g. “Boxing Day” and update it to go out branch 12, when the “Change Entry” button is checked the holiday disappears from the list of holidays
Note that one can have only 8 exits in the above process. When one go to update the last entry e.g. “Boxing Day” it will disappear from the list.
1. The DOY node can just have two branches
2. Clear all entries in the window
3. Add the complete holiday set
4. Start updating the branch exits for each holiday set
Holiday entries start to disappear randomly which you update the branch exits for that entry. Also, it is not possible to save the call plan when the whole holiday set is selected as it throws the error "Invalid number date/periods to node exits", but if only 2 holidays are added. it is possible to save/compile the Control Plan.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms