Transfer Quantity in RMS Is Getting Doubled for Return to Vendor (RTV) / Return to Warehouse (RTW)
(Doc ID 2173046.1)
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In some cases, when a Return to Vendor (RTV) or Return to Warehouse (RTW) is created in Oracle Store Inventory Management (SIM) and published to Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS), the transfer is created in RMS with double the transfer quantity requested in SIM, and thus additional units are reserved in ITEM_LOC_SOH table.
When a RTV is dispatched in SIM two messages, SOStatus and ASNout are published. The problem occurs only when RMS consumes the ASNOut message first. When the SOStatus is consumed first, the transfer gets created in RMS with the correct quantity.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to RMS. Check ITEM_LOC_SOH quantities (examples here): STOCK_ON_HAND = 7, TSF_RESERVED_QTY = 0.
- Bring down all subscribing adapters in RMS.
- Log in to SIM and create a RTV for 2 units and dispatch it without leaving RTV screen. RTV status will move to Dispatched.
- Start ASNOut Adapter first and then SOStatus adapter.
- Log in to RMS and check the transfer quantity created there.
- Note that the transfer is created with double the quantity requested in SIM [TSF_QTY=4 (should be 2)]. Check also ITEM_LOC_SOH table; there, TSF_RESERVED_QTY = 2 (should be 0).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!