Circuit Reconciliation and Equipment Specification Edit/Update Issues - Performance Related
(Doc ID 2187547.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Circuit reconciliation and equipment update issues
Circuit reconciliation is very slow and very often it crashes. Here are some examples what happens here -
1) We updated FDP spec to increase ports from 48 to 96 to show both front and back panels that effected 44 pieces of equipment. User never receives pop-up window indicating the number of affected circuits. Approximately one hour later around users receives an error stating a database error occurred and with prompted options to "Abort", "Retry", "Ignore". Selecting "Retry" keeps the user's session logged on.
2) The same behavior occurs when attempting to update an LC bulkhead spec which affects over 800 pieces of equipment. The application never displayed the window indicating the number of affected circuits or the option to send it to the Background Processor.
Commonly received error during the problem:
After changes in the Equipment Specifications should trigger Circuit Reconciliation
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open Equipment Specifications for Spec LC-BULKHEAD
2. Make a change that reflects in the circuits: ACRONYM: LC_BH-1 to LC_BH-1X and Save changes
3. Reconciliation informing number of affected circuits is not being displayed even after a long time in the process
4. In some instances a database error is thrown prompting to Abort, Retry, Ignore.
Users are unable to make changes to the Specifications which are then reflected on the affected circuits.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document