Clarification for Some Behavior About PCM_OP_CUST_POL_VALID_BILLINFO
Last updated on NOVEMBER 29, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Customer Registration
1) When returning an error in the ebuf from PCM_OP_CUST_POL_VALID_BILLINFO, it is “eaten” and the requested billinfo update quietly does nothing – not updated, but no error either
2) When returning an output flist with the PIN_FLD_FIELD validation structure, this subsequently gets turned into a set ebuf as expected, but there doesn’t seem to be much way to differentiate among different validation failures.
By the time the call gets back up to PCM_OP_CUST_UPDATE_CUSTOMER, it returns the same ebuf no matter what kind of validation failure has been set on it, and the output flist is gone.
3) Besides, when setting the ebuf if POL_PREP_BILLINFO instead of POL_VALID_BILLINFO;similarly, the ebuf gets used up.
Ideally, the requirement is to have an ebuf set in POL_VALID_BILLINFO to just propagate all the way up the stack.
Is there a way to propagate a specific error all the way up the stack without it getting cleared?
How to handle the response from PCM_OP_CUST_POL_VALID_BILLINFO under the following three circumstances?
1) Returns a NULL flist and an ebuf
2) Returns an ebuf *and* a flist representing a validation error
3) Returns a flist representing a validation error and an unset ebuf
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms