Periodic Estimation Overwrites Regular Reads With System Estimated Reads
(Doc ID 2191675.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management version 18.104.22.168, when a meter has gaps to estimate in the first installation on the old service point, and there exists a read after the removal time but before the second installation. After that, a new installation comes in followed by initial load IMDs. Then periodic estimation is run up to usage load.
In this scenario, MDM calculates a value between the removal and the read came after removal and before install. It also overwrote all the regular reads on the new install event with 0 value system-estimated reads. Any IMDs loaded after the periodic estimation run will try to calculate the consumption using the read after the first removal as the start date, which most likely would cause an error because the read after the removal is normally bigger than the IMDs loaded to the
Steps to Reproduce
- Create Auto read MC Type with following parameter
- Expected Hours Between Measurements : 24
- First Daily Measurement Time : 12:00:00 AM
- Early Measurement Threshold : 01:00:00
- Late Measurement Threshold : 01:00:00
- Hours Before Estimation: 48
- Number of Hours to Estimate: 2
- Create Device, Device configuration, Auto read Register. Create Service Point and install device on it. Let’s say from 1-Feb-2014 09 AM
- Load measurements for following dates
End Date/Time End Reading Condition 2-Feb-14 12 AM 10 Regular 3-Feb-14 12 AM 20 Regular 4-Feb-14 12 AM 30 Regular 5-Feb-14 12 AM 40 Regular 7-Feb-14 12 AM 60 Regular 8-Feb-14 12 AM 70 Regular 9-Feb-14 12 AM 80 Regular 10-Feb-14 12 AM 90 Regular
- Remove Install Event on 9-Feb-2014 2:40:49PM
- Create new Service point and install same device on this service point from 15-Feb-2014 9:15AM6.
- Load some more measurements on second service point
End Date/Time End Reading Condition 16-Feb-14 5 Regular 17-Feb-14 10 Regular 18-Feb-14 15 Regular
- Run Periodic estimation batch (D1-SMMTR). This will fill gaps with Estimation IMDs.
- After running this batch all Regular read on second service points are replaced with lower quality Estimation reads.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document