Process Related Prov Plans with NEWTASK Task After a Child Order is Associated thru the Order Hierarchy
(Doc ID 2199847.1)
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
MSS needs the ability to Process Related Prov Plans with NEWTASK after a Child Order is associated thru the Order Hierarchy.
a. OK: If the Child Order association (and its provisioning plan) in the Hierarchy is done AFTER the NEWTASK is executed, the tasks dependency works properly
b. NOK: If the Child Order association (and its provisioning plan) in the Hierarchy is done BEFORE the NEWTASK is executed, the dependency is not setup.
MSS should work the same when associating a Child Order, before or after the NEWTASK is executed.
The problem scenario can be reproduced with the following steps:
a. Create the following provisioning plans:
1. PP1 - Begin Plan with tasks: TA --> TB --> NEWTASK
2. PP2 - Finish Plan, setup as CHILD of PP1, with tasks: TC ---> TD ---> DD-1
3. PP3 - Fac Plan related to PP2 plan, with tasks: TE ---> DD-2
4. PP2 & PP3 are Related using the following tasks dependency: DD-2 (PP3) ---> TC (PP2)
5. PP2 is assigned to the order using the NEWTASK in PP1
b. Order flow
1. Create a parent PSR order and assign Begin Plan - PP1
2. Create child EWO and assign Fac Plan - PP3
3. Using the NEWTASK in PP1, add Prov Plan Finish Plan to PSR
====> MSS fails to create the Dependency between the task DD-2 (PP3) and task TC (PP2)
This problem causes tasks to become Ready prematurely and requires manual effort to determine if the task is actually ready to be processed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document