TOU Pricing Algorithm Creates A Bill Segment Calc Line Wherein The Print Switch Is Not Checked.
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, BI - Billing
The rate component’s print switch indicator is not used for calc lines generated by the base TOU
Pricing algorithm (RCTMPS) when a java or plug-in script override proration factor algorithm is also setup.
Steps to Recreate:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up an Account that references a Service Agreement (SA) with a Service Agreement Type (SA Type) of Special Role Flag Interval.
2. Service Agreement – Main: Service Agreement of SA Type E – INTBIL (California / Interval Billing).
3. SA Type – Main: SA Type California / Interval Billing has its Special Role Flag set to Interval.
4. Set up a Rate Schedule having TOU Pricing Rate Components. -- Rate Schedule – Main
5. Algorithm – Main: Calculation Algorithm setup which will be referred to by the Rate Components. -- RCTMPS.
6. Rate Component 1 Setup: Algorthm, TOU Map ID.(Rate Component – Main: First Rate Component of type TOU Pricing and Bill Factor – Main).
7. Rate Component 2 Setup: Algorthm, TOU Map ID.(Rate Component – Main: First Rate Component of type TOU Pricing and Bill Factor – Main).
8. Set the previously-created Rate Schedule as the SA’s effective Rate Schedule.(Service Agreement – Rate Info).
9. Bill the Account(Freezable bill segment showing all calc lines have their print switch set).
10. Setup an override proration algorithm that is a plug-in script which does not do anything(Algorithm).
11. Plug-in the algorithm in the Installation Option/Override Proration Factors(Algorithm is setup).
12. Regenerate the bill segment(Bill Segment showing not all calc lines for rate component 10 has the Print switch set).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms