SAF UIM (WLS 12.2.1) Does Not Connect To OSM (WLS 12.1.3 or lower Versions) JMS and ViceVersa.
Last updated on APRIL 15, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Two SAF Integration has been resolved:
1) On OSM version 126.96.36.199.6.40 installed on Weblogic version 188.8.131.52.0 and UIM version 184.108.40.206.0 on Weblogic version 220.127.116.11.0.
2) On OSM version 18.104.22.168.0 and UIM version 22.214.171.124.0
On OSM version 126.96.36.199.6.40 installed on Weblogic version 188.8.131.52.0 and UIM version 184.108.40.206.0 on Weblogic version 220.127.116.11.0.
Orders are sent from OSM to UIM, UIM is processing the Order Properly., But UIM is not sending response back to OSM.
Followed steps mentioned in the
Doc ID 1286570.1 - How To Integrate OSM With UIM Using Store And Forward Agent
With Plain 12.1.3 Domain and 12.2.1 Domain
1. Create a WLS 12.1 domain, say Domain_Dest_121
2. Configure a JMS server, persistent store, queue in Domain_Dest_121.
3. Create a WLS 12.2 domain, say Domain_Source_122
4. Configure a JMS server, persistent store, queue in Domain_Source_122.
5. Now configure SAF between Domain_Dest_121 & Domain_Source_122, both way.
6. In the SAF Agent statistics check the Downtime parameter for the Remote endpoints.
7. You will find Downtime continuously increasing in Domain_Source_122 suggesting SAF Agent unable to connect to Domain_Dest_121. Whereas the SAF agent communication from Domain_Dest_121 to Domain_Source_122 seems working.
Installed 12.2.1 Server and installed UIM7.3.5, used existing 12.1.3 domain.
12.1.3 - with OSM like domain , 12.2.1 - UIM.
on UIM Domain, Request is getting consumed by UIM, Processing it and generating the responses.
I see in Store-and-Forward Agents (in the Weblogic web console: Services -> Messaging -> Store-and-Forward Agents -> name of the managed server agent -> Monitoring -> Remote Endpoints -> the endpoint the responses which were supposed to send to 12.1.3 Domain (Response Queue) are getting piled up instead of forwarding.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms