Discount Of Fixed Amount Does Not Prorate On Number Of Cycles In Case Of Multi Cycle Event.
(Doc ID 2305616.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) in the following scenario:
1. Create a discount which refund fixed $100 per cycle.
2. Create a product configured with Monthly Cycle Forward (MCF) fee and 3 months in advance.
3. Purchase discount on June 29, 2017 with end date set to 2 months.
4. Purchase cycle_fee product on the same day (June 29, 2017). Observe that charges generated for current (prorated) and advance 3 months period.
For the current month (prorated period) the discount is given on the prorated amount ($33.27) in this case, as it is less then $100, it discounts the entire amount.
On the advance period balance impact, although valid for more than a month, it is discounting only $100 instead of leftover of the first proration as well.
It is expected that:
1. Current cycle up to prorated amount ($33.27).
2. Advance period we are expecting to see discount of ($100 + ($100 - $33.27)) which is $166.73.
This article will explain whether there is any solution which can be followed to meet this requirement.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document