Discount Of Fixed Amount Does Not Prorate On Number Of Cycles In Case Of Multi Cycle Event.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) in the following scenario:
1. Create a discount which refund fixed $100 per cycle.
2. Create a product configured with Monthly Cycle Forward (MCF) fee and 3 months in advance.
3. Purchase discount on June 29, 2017 with end date set to 2 months.
4. Purchase cycle_fee product on the same day (June 29, 2017). Observe that charges generated for current (prorated) and advance 3 months period.
For the current month (prorated period) the discount is given on the prorated amount ($33.27) in this case, as it is less then $100, it discounts the entire amount.
On the advance period balance impact, although valid for more than a month, it is discounting only $100 instead of leftover of the first proration as well.
It is expected that:
1. Current cycle up to prorated amount ($33.27).
2. Advance period we are expecting to see discount of ($100 + ($100 - $33.27)) which is $166.73.
This article will explain whether there is any solution which can be followed to meet this requirement.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms