When is EFFECTIVE_T Populated in the JOURNAL_T Table?
(Doc ID 2321890.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) 7.5, General Ledger (GL):
Q1: When is EFFECTIVE_T populated in the JOURNAL_T table in the following scenarios?
1. With SegregateJournalsByGLPeriod enabled in bus_params_billing.xml
2. With SegregateJournalsByGLPeriod disabled in bus_params_billing.xml
Q2: Please clarify the following:
1. Is the above handling of EFFECTIVE_T for one-time charges only?
2. How is EFFECTIVE_T populated for monthly cycle forward events prior to PS17 and post PS17 with SegregateJournalsByGLPeriod disabled/enabled?
3. Once the feature is enabled, the following tests were performed, are these the expected results:
3a. A one-time event (purchase fee event) having END_T as 10-Oct was generated on 10-Oct, which would create a JOURNAL_T entry with EFFECTIVE_T = 1-Oct-2017.
3b. A one-time event (purchase fee event) having END_T as 1-Nov was generated on 1-Nov, which would create a new JOURNAL_T entry with EFFECTIVE_T = 1-Nov-2017.
3c. A one-time event (purchase fee event) having END_T as 31-Oct was generated on 1-Nov, which would update existing JOURNAL_T entry with EFFECTIVE_T = 1-Oct-2017.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!