Unexpected Planned Order behavior and/or past due Purchase Orders scheduled earlier even when on-hand is available
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a 18.104.22.168 Instance or higher:
After running an Unconstrained ASCP Plan, one or more of the following behaviors are observed when reviewing the plan output:
- ASCP is scheduling a planned order well before the demand date that will consume it, and recommends a quantity that exceeds the demand
- Past due Purchase Orders are seen moved up to the plan run date and are pegged to the early demand even though there is enough on-hand to cover it
- Purchase Order partially pegs to excess while a new planned order is generated
- ASCP is suggesting planned orders in some time buckets when there is no Demand
- ASCP Plan is not considering the scheduled PO receipts that are due today, instead to meet the demand that is in the current bucket, it is creating a fresh Planned Order with an immediate need-by date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms