Unexpected Planned Order behavior and/or past due Purchase Orders scheduled earlier even when on-hand is available
(Doc ID 2339805.1)
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 11.5.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After running an Unconstrained ASCP Plan, one or more of the following behaviors are observed when reviewing the plan output:
- ASCP is scheduling a planned order well before the demand date that will consume it, and recommends a quantity that exceeds the demand
- Past due Purchase Orders are seen moved up to the plan run date and are pegged to the early demand even though there is enough on-hand to cover it
- Purchase Order partially pegs to excess while a new planned order is generated
- ASCP is suggesting planned orders in some time buckets when there is no Demand
- ASCP Plan is not considering the scheduled PO receipts that are due today, instead to meet the demand that is in the current bucket, it is creating a fresh Planned Order with an immediate need-by date.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document