Migrating Config.xml Between Systems Which Perform The Same Role
(Doc ID 2355196.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Messaging Server - Version 8.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Trying to use Messaging 8.0.2 version on an Installation scenario like below:
Migrating config.xml between systems which perform the same role
Suppose we have an mta/imta fully configured. We use load balancers so we end up with multiple mta instances, but save for hostname and msg-admin- ldap user differences, they are exactly the same.
It seems to me we could perform the following procedure:
1) install and configure mta-instance-1
2) customize configuration for mta-instance-1 appropriate for our site
3) install and configure mta-instance-2
4) save backup of config.xml on mta-instance-2
5) copy config.xml from mta-instance-1 to mta-instance-2
6) edit config.xml (set xconfig serial="1", set hostname appropriately)
7) use msconfig on mta-instance-2 to update instance.base.ugldapbinddn and instance.base.ugldapbindcred based on the original/backedup configuration/config.xml of mta-instance-2
Would this work? Is there a better way?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document