Effective Date of Reversal Item Is Incorrect When Back Dated Payment Is Made for Account With Multiple BillInfos
Last updated on APRIL 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Payments
Posting a back dated account level payment for an account with multiple billinfos is creating the payment with the correct back-date; however, the reversal payment item created during the process is creating with the current system date.
Scenario is as below :
- Account level payment of 14730 ZAR (for example) was posted on 25 August (and current date being 6 October) against an account having multiple (three) billing profiles each having due of 13730 ZAR.
- As a result, two payments are posted for two different billing profiles with the /item/payment effective date as 25 August.
- However, /item/payment/reversal (which is created on Suspense Account as per payment recycling process) is created on system current date. i.e, 6 October.
- This date mismatch between payment and reversal is causing issue during GL report.
/item/payment/reversal, which is created on Suspense Account, should have the effective date (PIN_FLD_EFFECTIVE_T) as 25 August.
- enable payment_suspense_enable business parameter, restart cm
- create CSR plan
- create a Suspense account
- create product p1 with service ip, monthly cycle forward (mcf), amount = 10$
- create product p2 with service email, mcf 20$
- create product p3 with service fax, mcf 30$
- create deal d1, d2, d3 corresponding to above products
- create plan with d1,d2 and d3
In track balances, create 3 balance groups, one for each service.
- create account on 6 AUG with 3 billinfos one for each service (this is done on the Payments section)
- run pin_bill_accts on 6 SEP
3 bills produced for 20$, 40$, and 60$ each.
- launch Payment Tool on 6 SEP, select cash payment batch
11.1 input Batch Amount=70, Batch effective date = 1 SEP, Allocation level = Item.
11.2 click Ok and provide the Account Number and Payment Amount(70$)
11.3 check the box to Allocate and click Validate followed by Submit
- check /item/payment.effective_t created for customer account and verify that it is 1 SEP
This works OK.
select item_no, due,name,poid_type, poid_id0, (effective_t) from item_t where account_obj_id0=300583 order by mod_t;
P1-3 -10 Payment /item/payment 299110 01-SEP-17 18:40:14
P1-2 -60 Payment /item/payment 301990 01-SEP-17 18:40:14
- check /item/payment/reversal.effective_t created on suspense account and verify that it is 6 SEP
This is not OK, because the expected value is 1 SEP.
select item_no, due,name,poid_type, poid_id0, (effective_t) from item_t where account_obj_id0=303608 order by mod_t;
P1-4 0 Payment Reversal /item/payment/reversal 299622 06-SEP-17 00:38:01
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms