DICT_ID Not Populated When Updating Events
Last updated on MAY 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Argus Safety - Version 8.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Argus Safety Version 8.1.1
When updating a coded event with a new term and then re-coding, the MedDRA codes are applied but the event appears as non-coded (red cross) and on review in database backend the dict_id is blank (it was populated after bookin).
Looking at the SQL times log the dict_id and coding_status fields are blank when calling the update_case_event.
This only occurs when some dictionary related fields are 'hidden' from displaying in UI
Steps to Replicate
- Book in a new case with Event 'Hives'
- This event autoencoded to MedDRA version loaded
- New Case ABC1 created
- Check backend e.g.
- However if now opt to hide one of the auto-derived dictionary fields e.g.
- synonym (code) field via:
- [Argus Console]
- [System Configuration]
- Field Properties
- Expand EVENTS
- Event Information
- Locate 'Synonym Code' set from hidden = No, to hidden = Yes
- Save change
- Exit application
- Re-log in for changes to take effect
- Open previous case e.g. ABC1
- Navigate to [Events] tab
- Note that synonym (Code) is now hidden, albeit this is non-enterable field
- Amend event from 'Angina pectoris' to any other event that should autoencode e.g. 'Migraine'
- Note that now the event will NOT encode red X rather than green tick even if term exists in dictionary null dict_id row created in case_events.
Thus it should not be possible for customers to hide dictionary fields from UI if this causes encoding to fail.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms