DICT_ID Not Populated When Updating Events
(Doc ID 2387270.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Argus Safety - Version 8.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Argus Safety Version 8.1.1
When updating a coded event with a new term and then re-coding, the MedDRA codes are applied but the event appears as non-coded (red cross) and on review in database backend the dict_id is blank (it was populated after bookin).
Looking at the SQL times log the dict_id and coding_status fields are blank when calling the update_case_event.
This only occurs when some dictionary related fields are 'hidden' from displaying in UI
Steps to Replicate
- Book in a new case with Event 'Hives'
- This event autoencoded to MedDRA version loaded
- New Case ABC1 created
- Check backend e.g.
- However if now opt to hide one of the auto-derived dictionary fields e.g.
- synonym (code) field via:
- [Argus Console]
- [System Configuration]
- Field Properties
- Expand EVENTS
- Event Information
- Locate 'Synonym Code' set from hidden = No, to hidden = Yes
- Save change
- Exit application
- Re-log in for changes to take effect
- Open previous case e.g. ABC1
- Navigate to [Events] tab
- Note that synonym (Code) is now hidden, albeit this is non-enterable field
- Amend event from 'Angina pectoris' to any other event that should autoencode e.g. 'Migraine'
- Note that now the event will NOT encode red X rather than green tick even if term exists in dictionary null dict_id row created in case_events.
Thus it should not be possible for customers to hide dictionary fields from UI if this causes encoding to fail.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document