BRM General Ledger Segregation Feature Is Not Working As Expected?
Last updated on MAY 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version
BRM General Ledger (GL) segregation feature is not working as expected.
Whenever there are Non-Recurring Charge( NRC ) purchases made before GL cut-off period, the events sometimes are NOT recorded in new GL bucket which is what expected from this new GL segregation feature.
1. Enable SegregateJournalsByGLPeriod business parameter and load GL calendar config object.
2. Purchase NRC deal within a GL period and check that a new /journal object created. (let us call this journal_t record - Journal-A)
3. Purchase same NRC deal again within GL period but effective date not same as step2. Verify that Journal-A is updated
4. Move pin_virtual_time to GL Period date, For example, 1-Mar-2018
5. Purchase same NRC deal with the effective date as 1-Mar-2018 and check that a new /journal object created. (let us call this journal_t record - Journal-B).
6. Purchase the NRC deal again with effective from 28-Feb-2018 and then verify which /journal object gets updated.
7. BRM is updating the Journal-A which is incorrect. BRM should update Journal-B. Since the prior period transaction after GL period cut-off is going into the prior period journal.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms