XER Import Is Slow / Hangs When Importing Risk Category or XER Conversion to SDEF Fails
(Doc ID 2413071.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 08, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.8 to 18.8 [Release 18.8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using P6 Professional, when importing an XER file, P6 Professional is very slow or hangs while importing Risk Category.
When attempting to convert an XER file to SDEF, the conversion does not complete. A blank .TXT file is created.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Log into P6 Professional.
2. Click File --> Import --> Primavera P6 XER
3. Observe the import is slow or hangs while importing Risk Category.
1. Attempt to convert an .XER file to SDEF, using xerP330convert.exe
2. Observe the progress bar for "loading all table data" appears to complete.
3. Observe the progress bar for "Overall progress" shows 2 bars, then the window closes.
4. Observe the .txt file it creates is blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document