Null Pointer Exception Occurs When Finalizing The First IMD Created From Sync Request
(Doc ID 2451408.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In MDM 220.127.116.11.0 IMD processing encounters an issue when a new meter is added on an existing Usage Subscription with Latest UT Date populated and an initial/first read is captured on the new meter.
Steps To Recreate
- Create device, device configuration, scalar MC, SP, US
- Create and Finalize IMDs for the scalar MC
- 01-01-2018 – initial read
- 01-31-2018 – read
- Bill for month of January (create UT with get scalar rule 01-01-2018 -01-31-2018). Ensure that UT is in sent state
- Verify US has latest UT date populated
- Create NEW device, device configuration, scalar MC, SP (Effective Feb 1)
- IMPORTANT: Attach new SP to the US (effective Feb 1). This needs to be done
- BEFORE creating the initial/first read for the new scalar MC
- Create and finalize initial/first read for the NEW scalar MC.
- Observe the following error in the UI "The server has encountered a problem. Your request cannot be processed Please try again".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document