Rating of Gprs Events for Prepaid Customers Sometimes Fails
(Doc ID 2454331.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version,
Rating of gprs event for Prepaid customers sometimes fails, depending on TotalQ.
1) When we do authorize gprs event for 4000kb and our free resource is -3.52, monetary resource is 0, event gets partially rated for 3.52 of free resource and it doesn't return any error.
This is working as expected.
2) When we do authorize gprs event for 3898kb and our free resource is -3.52, monetary resource is 0, rating fails.
EUR : 0.00
Resource Bucket : -3.52
Rating returns PIN_ERR_AUTHORIZATION_FAIL error.
Business logic for our custom free resource is: 1 Specific Bucket  = 1024 kb
The expected behavior is to partially rate the available free resources.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Load custom resource and impact categories
2. Create discount master, trigger, rule and model
3. Configure discount product
4. Adjust products, zones or discount so it will trigger the discount rule (do not modify resource).
5. After that, create prepaid account and purchase Prepaid Mini Test Fee Zero deal that you imported in previous steps.
6. Adjust the Specific bucket resource so customer has -3,52 of Specific bucket  when you create usage
- Before adjustment: Current balance of Specific bucket: -500
- Decrease balance of Specific bucket resource
- After adjustment: Current balance of Specific bucket: -3,52
7. Make sure customer has 0 current balance for monetary resource 
8. Create GPRS usage event that triggers discount
- for failed rating, set quantity to 3898
- for successful rating, set quantity to 4000
Business logic for our custom free resource is: 1 Specific bucket  = 1024 kb
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document