After Enabling Auditing, PAUDIT AUDIT_OLD and AUDIT_NEW columns Do Not Display Changes And Execution Of 'Publish Audit Data' Does Not Move Records To PAUDITX
(Doc ID 2460067.1)
Last updated on JULY 25, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
P6 EPPM Database Auditing has been enabled but the AUDIT_OLD and AUDIT_NEW column is not being populated in the PAUDIT table after updates are made. Null values observed in these columns.
This will create an issue with the global scheduled service 'Publish Audit Data' because it will not insert any records into PAUDITX during the global publication job since the old and new fields are used to filter the records being published.
After enabling auditing, changes should be tracked in AUDIT_OLD and AUDIT_NEW column.
This will also ensure the global scheduled service 'Publish Audit Data' properly writes to PAUDITX for reporting against published data.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The following steps can be used to reproduce the issue (using PROJWBS as example):
- Ensure auditing is enabled and table(s) have been selected:
- Login to P6
- Select the 'Administration' tab
- Select 'Application Settings'
- Select 'Audit'
- Select 'Enable auditing for selected tables'
- Add a table, i.e. 'PROJWBS'
- Use case:
- Login to P6
- Navigate to EPS
- Select Activities tab
- Create/Edit/Delete a WBS
- Validate from Database that correct data is getting updated in 'AUDIT_OLD' and 'AUDIT_NEW' PAUDIT columns.
- Additionally, after making the change, execution of global scheduled service 'Publish Audit Data' will not update PAUDITX table for reporting purposes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document