Incorrect Pro-Ration when the DOM is Changed in the Same Month of Account Activation
(Doc ID 2466642.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) version 22.214.171.124.0, pro-rations are not correct when the Billing Day of Month (BDoM) is changed in the same month as the account activation.
It is expected that the pro-rating is based on the number of days in the current month.
1. On CM/pin.conf, check "fm_bill use_number_of_days_in_month 0" parameter is commented out and set "actg_dom = 1".
2. Create an Monthly Cycle Forward (MCF) product, with $100 and enable 'proration based on usage'.
3. On 3rd Oct, create a customer with the above product. Bill cycle will be 3rd Oct - 1st Nov.
Current billing period: 3rd Oct 2018 - 1st Nov 2018
NEXT_BILL_T - 01-NOV-18 00:00:00
FUTURE_BILL_T - 01-DEC-18 00:00:00
LAST_BILL_T - 03-OCT-18 00:00:00
4. On 3rd Oct, from Customer Center, Payments tab, change the BDoM from 1 to 16 and click Save.
5. On 1st Nov, go to pin_billd folder and run "pin_trial_bill_accts -verbose "
6. Check the cycle forward event generated to see the scale for 1st Nov to 16th Nov.
Here the cm.pinlog shows, for the cycle 1st Nov to 15th Nov, charges are prorated based on 31 days pro-ration.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document