Incorrect Adjustment Reason Codes Applied For UnitandAmount Late Sales Adjustment in RSIM
(Doc ID 2474243.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Retail Store Inventory Management (RSIM) records STORE_ITEM_STOCK_HISTORY. REASON_CODE as 76 and 77 where the STORE_ITEM_STOCK.LAST_STK_CNT_TYPE = 2 (Unit and Amount) instead of late sale offset adjustments using codes 78 or 79.
Steps to Reproduce:
Pre-requisite : Daily Timestamp processing is used for this test , so the transaction date is what will be evaluated do determine if the transaction is late.
- Schedule a Unit and Amount stock count
- Take snapshot as after store close on the scheduled count date.
- Induct a 3rd party stock count file with auto authorize applied
- Verify count results have posted to SIM
- Review STORE_ITEM_STOCK and verify that LAST_STK_CNT_TYPE = 2 for all of the items. (This indicates that the last approved count type was a Unit and Amount count and determines which type of late sale adjustments should be applied when it is determined late sales have come in after a completed count. Type 2 indicates that late sales adjustment reasons 78 or 79 should be used.)
- Identify two items on store_item_stock which have LAST_STK_CNT_TYPE = 2. Ensure these items have an OPEN_STOCK_COUNTS value = 0 (no other counts are active).
- Make a note of the LAST_STK_CNT_APPROVE_DATE for these items and verify that LAST_STK_CNT_TIMEFRAME = 'A'
- Prepare a return transaction for one item and a sale transaction for the other item. For simplicity, set the transaction date to any date prior to each item's respective LAST_STK_CNT_APPROVE_DATE.
- Induct the late sale and return transaction uses the RetailSaleAuditImport batch to induct sales into SIM.
- After RetailSaleAuditImport has completed, perform a query against STORE_ITEM_STOCK_HISTORY.
For each of the two inducted transactions there should be two records with a TRANSACTION_TIME value relative to the sale/return transaction date:
a. One record will show a reason_code 182 and transaction_type 4 representing the RETURN transaction. This record will be accompanied by an incorrect reason_code 77 (UNIT late sales decrease) and transaction_type 4. This return was inducted after a Unit and Amount count was the most recent count type. Therefore, reason_code 79 (UNIT AND AMOUNT late sales Decrease SOH) should have been used .
b. The other record will show a reason_code 183 and transaction_type 4 representing the SALE transaction. This record will be accompanied by a reason_code 76 (UNIT late sales increase) and a transaction_type 4. This sale was inducted after a Unit and Amount count was the most recent count type. Therefore, reason_code 78 (UNIT AND AMOUNT late sales Increase SOH) should have been used.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document