Bill Does Not Include Charges During Service Activation from Deferred Actions on the Bill Date
(Doc ID 2551499.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM), 184.108.40.206.0 Version,
The charges of deferred actions scheduled to execute on Billing Day of Month (BDOM) were going to next bill.
There is a similar issue in (Oracle Monetization Cloud (OMC) 1.0 version and got a patch for this issue: Resume Service using deferred actions - MRC is getting reflected in Subsequent Month's Bill
Charges applied during service activation included in the next month bill run.
Bill generated at Step-5 above should include the monthly cycle forward charges applied during service activation
This is the below use case
1. On 01/10, Create account, service and purchase product (with monthly cycle forward event), do bill now.
Billing cycle 01/10 - 02/10
2. On 01/15, Do service inactivation and create a schedule object to activate the service on 02/10 with PCM_OP_CUST_SET_STATUS opcode and then call bill now to clear the charges applied during service inactivation
3. Disable auto triggered billing sys/cm/pin.conf and apps/pin_billd/pin.conf
- pin_bill_accts config_billing_delay 0
4. On 02/10, Run pin_deferred_act
Schedule action executed and changed the service status to Active and monthly cycle forward charges applied for the cycle 02/10 - 03/10 and charges shown in bill in progress
5. On 02/10, Run billing
Bill generated but doesn't include the charges present in bill in progress which got applied during service activation in the above step.
6. On 03/10 -> Run billing
Bill generated with charges from 02/10 - 03/10 and 03/10 - 04/10
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document