Missing Cancel Events For A Cycle Forward Cancellation During The Rate Change Period
(Doc ID 2553710.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Subscription Management on Production
In this case the cancel event from the rate change date to cancel end date is not generated. It's creating one event for 14th Mar to 1st Apr old rate only
Charges should reverse for period 14th Mar to 12th Apr (14th Mar to 1st Apr old rate and 1st Apr to 12th Apr new rate), an event for 14th March to 1st April is created, an event for 1st Apr to 12th Apr new rate should also need to be created.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
A. The promotion product is being rate adjusted from 1st Apr 2019. The promotion value is changing from -$49.00 to -$52.00.
B. 1 month in-advance billing is set in product.
1. Customer created on 12th Aug 2018 with promotion valid for 8 months (starting on 12th Aug 2018 and ending on 12th Apr 2019)
2. Performed billing for next 6 months (up till 12th Feb)
3. On 12th Feb bill (as the product charging define to charge two months in advance), Two events created as below:
12th Mar to 1st Apr -> POID 0.0.0.1 /event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_monthly/promo 315586225451245714 1
1st Apr to 12th Apr -> POID 0.0.0.1 /event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_monthly/promo 315586225451246738 1
4. On 12th Mar -> run billing.
5. On 14th Mar, cancelled this promotion and only first event cancellation created:
14th Mar to 1st Apr -> POID 0.0.0.1 /event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_monthly/promo 316113991032581537 0
The second event cancellation is missing for period 1st April 2019 to 12th April with new rate is missing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document