Control Tool Fails to Operate a Specific Class of Switch But No Errors Shown
(Doc ID 2592616.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Web Workspace
There is a particular set of switches that cannot be operated. The Control Tool shows the Open/Close options, but when a user tries to operate the device, nothing happens.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Find a SCADA-enabled switch that has an entry in BOTH the SCADA_CONTROLS and SCADA_MEASUREMENTS_ST table with an ATTRIBUTE=0 (Status).
- Make a backup of the entry from the SCADA_MEASUREMENTS_ST table for that device / attribute = 0.
- Delete the entry from the SCADA_MEASUREMENTS_ST table for that device / attribute = 0.
- Restart DDService
- Sign in to web workspace with "Full Operations"
- Grab authority over all zones
- Attempt to open that switch
- Observe that nothing happens
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document