Bill Adjustment on a Bill Item Containing a Settled Dispute Is Not Passing Full Adjustment
(Doc ID 2596352.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For a full amount bill adjustment, the bill contains only one purchase item with a settled dispute. PCM_OP_AR_BILL_ADJUSTMENT is invoked to pass the adjustment. In cm.pinlog, even though the full amount gets passed to op_ar_bill_adjustment, it is only passing full amount minus tax amount of the dispute (presumably) to op_ar_item_adjustment. The adjustment gets created successfully, but with partial amount. This leaves the item and bill in open status.
Steps to reproduce the issue
1) Created an account with only a purchase fee of $125
2) Billed the account that created a bill with a total due of $136.25 ($125 + $11.25 (9% tax))
3) Created an event dispute for $10. The item total is $10.9 ($10 + $0.9 (9% tax))
4) Bill due increased to $147.15 due to dispute created
5) Settled the dispute by denying it
6) Bill due reduced back to $136.25
7) Passed an adjustment of $-125
8) Adjustment gets passed only for $-124.1 + tax
9) The difference is $0.9, presumably the same as that of the tax of the dispute item (Step 3)
10) Total adjustment amount is $-124.1 plus $-11.17 (9% tax)
11) Still there is a due of $0.98 ($0.9 and $0.08 (9% tax)) in the item and the bill
12) Item and bill are still open
This is causing lack of functionality because the bill is not getting closed. It is causing a very bad agent and customer experience.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document