Failure in Re-activation After the Number of Days Set in Parameter ExpiredPurchasedChargesRetentionIntervalInDays
(Doc ID 2614338.1)
Last updated on APRIL 15, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The following parameters are in "charging-settings.xml" configuration file of Elastic Charging Engine (ECE):
- On 15-Mar-2019, customer purchased a Bundle with validity ending on 01-Apr-2019 00:00:00
- On 20-Mar-2019, customer gets suspended (or inactivated in other words)
- Services and Products/Discounts are set to inactive status upon Suspension using opcode PCM_OP_CUST_UPDATE_SERVICES
- On 5-April-2019, customer un-suspends (or re-activates in other words) the above account using PCM_OP_CUST_UPDATE_SERVICES opcode wherein the same objects that are set to inactive status previously are now set to active status
- At this point, there is an error in cm (connection manager) pinlog during publish of information to ECE
- This error is thrown apparently because the PurchasedOffering is removed from ECE cache as the parameter expiredPurchasedChargesRetentionIntervalInDays is set to 3 days only
- Furthermore pin_cycle_fees/pin_discount_cleanup is executed daily with 'cancel' option but this does not pick up the inactive products and discounts so that they can be canceled; this point is raised because if the inactive products or discounts can be cancelled on their expiration date, then during un-suspension in step 5, the error would not occur
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document