Incorrect TAX_JURISDICTION in Tax Adjustments
(Doc ID 2624172.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Steps to Reproduce this issue:
- The account has a usage product (with cycle tax event for which tax_code is mapped to different levels like STATE, CITY etc.).
- Usage events have been generated through the rating engine (via Universal Event Loader).
- The account is billed and cycle/tax event got created as part of billing and tax (183.83 for one tax_code) is generated on the whole usage.
- Post billing, tax event is fully adjusted (tax only adjustment).
- Now performed event adjustments on usage events (with FLAG as 8 (BATCH)) and it has created tax_event adjustments for each usage event adjusted (in this case, the tax was already fully adjusted but still it has created the tax_event adjustments) and note that dm_vertex is used in this scenario.
Actual Result :
Here the problem arises wherein, whatever tax_event adjustments got created, for those, it is seen that TAX_JURISDICTIONS got created with +ve amount (it should have been zero or no adjustment) i.e., EVENT_TAX_JURISDICTIONS_T.AMOUNT = 183.83 (this amount is actual tax amount) and one more issue in this is, when it is creating tax_event adjustment for some usage, lets say for $1 also, it is putting the 183.83 (total tax) which is wrong.
This should be zero or no tax_event adjustment at all; it is seen that EVENT_BAL_IMPACTS.AMOUNT is zero in this case, so it should be fine and only issue is with TAX_JURISDICTIONS.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document