The RSRCROLEASGNMENTSPREAD P6 Database Table Grows Rapidly
(Doc ID 2642687.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 19.11 to 19.11 [Release 19.11]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The RSRCROLEASGNMENTSPREAD P6 database table grows exponentially when publishing Resource and Role Data.
- The RSRCROLEASGNMENTSPREAD table growth rate depends on the number of resources and role assignments and the frequency of publishing resource and role data.
- Duplicate records are created when publishing resource and role data, which are displayed in the JOBSVC table as job type JT_RsrcRoleSpread.
- Executing the following query as the schema owner (default admuser for Oracle, sa for SQL Server) or the reporting user (default pxrptuser) displays duplicate records similar to the following - note only the 'id' value changes.
select count(*) from RSRCROLEASGNMENTSPREAD WHERE proj_id is null and role_id is null and id is null AND rsrc-id=null;
id proj_id rsrc_id role_id spread_start_date spread_end_date
311980 24731 7027 1583 2018-01-01 00:00:00.000 2018-01-02 00:00:00.000
311982 24731 7027 1583 2018-01-01 00:00:00.000 2018-01-02 00:00:00.000
311983 24731 7027 1583 2018-01-01 00:00:00.000 2018-01-02 00:00:00.000
311987 24731 7027 1583 2018-01-01 00:00:00.000 2018-01-02 00:00:00.000
The issue can be reproduced at will using the following steps:
- Login to P6 Web as an admin user and navigate to Administration > Application Settings > Services.
- Enable the publication of Resource and Role data by checking both Publication and the option Publish resource and role data.
- Schedule all projects, then publish all projects manually or as a scheduled publication under Scheduled Services.
- Note the rapidly increasing size of the RSRCROLEASGNMENTSPREAD table.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!