Issues After Enabling Sequential Cycle Discounting Flag On
(Doc ID 2643972.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After enabling sequential cycle discounting flag, the following issues have been observed.
1. Create account having monthly billing cycle from 4th November to 4 December
2. Purchase deal "P" having a product with a monthly recurring charge (MRC) of $60 effective from 4th November
3. Purchase discount deal "D1" having a discount of 15% on MRC effective from 4th November
4. Purchase discount deal "D2" having a discount of 20% on MRC effective from 10th November
5. Set end date of discount in deal "D1" to 10th Nov by using customer center
6. Set end date of discount in deal "D1" to 4th Nov by using customer center
Clawback is not happening when the discount end date is set to 4th Nov (at step 6).
In one of the custom scenario where one is trying to set a discount end date by using PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_DISCOUNTINFO. MRC event is forwarded to discounting pipeline,
PCM_OP_RATE_DISCOUNT_EVENT output flist has the correct discounted amount but the event is not recorded in BRM.
1. Purchased one MRC product from 4th November to 4th December
2. Purchased discount is effective from 4th November
3. Set the discount's end date to 10th Nov by using PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_DISCOUNTINFO
4. Set the discount's end date to 4th Nov by using PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_DISCOUNTINFO
After step 4, one is expecting a discount applied for the period 4th November to 10th November should refund which is not happening.
1. Create account having monthly billing cycle of 4th November to 4th December
2. Purchase deal with a product having an MRC charge of $60 with a start date as 4th November. Through customer center, set the end date to this product to 10th November.
3. After this one will have 2 events, one with amount 60 and another with amount -48
4. Purchase discount which is configured to give 15% of MRC with a start date as 4th November
5. One can see that the discount is of -9 instead of -1.8 (over-crediting)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document