Convergence does not display Calendar events if ATTENDEE cal-address property is missing.
(Doc ID 2661696.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Convergence - Version 3.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Convergence Calendar does not show events known to exist on a specific timeframe (verified using Mozilla Thunderbird, or davadmin command line).
Following data was gathered during investigation:
- no specific error could be found on Convergence or Calendar logs.
- the events were missing no matter if month, week, 7day or day views are selected on Convergence.
- the events are missing on a particular timeframe (e.g. April month) while they are visible on another timeframe (e.g: two months earlier).
- Calendar server telemetry logs shows that calendar server is sending all requested events to Convergence, so the problem is most likely on Convergence side.
- this issue can affect multiple calendars:
E.g: A user has multiple calendars and none of them show any events on a particular period of time.
Deselecting one of the calendars makes the events appear on the other calendars, which leads to the suspicion that a particular event is causing the problem.
The issue can appear if: a problematic event was imported from exterior sources, or a calendar was subscribed which in turn had a problematic event imported from exterior sources.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document