Rounding Issue On TAX Adjustments On Event Level Usage Adjustments
(Doc ID 2740914.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If each usage has 10$ and tax is calculated at 1%, then when this event is adjusted, tax also would be adjusted accordingly whatever is applied like 0.1$.
But this is fine when rounding to actual points where as it is an issue when the decimals points more, then rounding issue is coming. This is absolutely fine considering the less number of events but there are scenarios where large number of events adjusted.
When adjusting around 13K usage events and same number of tax adjustments performed on each usage event which is taxed and also, rounding is happening on each tax adjustment event amount so when it is rounded, difference is coming huge (though it is very minimal for each tax) and difference amount in our example is about $88. We tried setting up rounding precision but still same issue but don't fix that at all.
Proper taxation should occur
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create any account with some usage products with tax applied at billing time.
2. Process large number of usage transactions .
3. Bill the account and verify if usage is billed and also tax applied properly.
4. Now, perform event level adjustments on all these events (perform only event_adjustment and not item/bill level) and tax adjustment events also should have been created for the same with % of tax applied and it would be good if % of tax generates more number of decimal points.
5. Calculate actual tax adjusted amount without rounding and with rounding, you will see difference.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document