"Automation Server Can't Create Object" Error In Argus
(Doc ID 2741546.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Argus Safety - Version 8.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After navigating to the case form, upon clicking any other tab,
such as ‘Additional Information’ system hangs displaying the ‘Processing’ popup.
Upon attempting to exit out of the case, an error message is presented:
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Error: Automation server can't create object.
A popup dialog is displayed with this error and option as Yes/No. Clicking on both Yes/No continues to display the processing icon and user is not able to exit the case.
OCCURRENCE PATTERN: Issue is reported by only one user and occurs for all cases.
Below steps were attempted to resolve the issue.
1. While in the Internet Explorer browser and at the Contract Management site, go to Tools > Internet Options in the Internet Explorer menu area.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. In the Security level for this zone section, click the Custom level... button.
4. In the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section, set the below values.
Download signed ActiveX controls: Enable or Prompt (either is acceptable in most cases)
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Enable or Prompt (either is acceptable in most cases)
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Enable or Prompt (either is acceptable in most cases, but if the issue still occurs with it set to Prompt, try the Enable setting)
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Enable
Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting: Enable
5. Click the OK button in the Security Settings window.
6. Click the OK button in the Internet Options window.
7. Close and re-open the Internet Explorer browser.
However, this did not help.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document