Enhancement Regarding Database Persistence Loading Data From ECE Database In Active-Active Setup
(Doc ID 2773082.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 03, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- In customer site there will be active - active setup and it will also have the database persistence in each site.
- With this approach, whenever there is a need, one can restart one site by taking data from Elastic Charging Engine (ECE).
- There is a concern on how this data is fetched from ECE database and loaded into cache.
- Current logic:
- When site is restarted, the ECS (Elastic Charging Server) nodes are started first.
- configLooder to load the configuration.
- pricingUpdater to load the pricing data from ECE database to cache.
- customerUpdater to load the customer data from ECE database to cache.
- But in case of Active-Active architecture, one will run the pricingUpdater and customerUpdater in only one site. So it is not possible to start it in all sites. This is because, the queue is common and Active-Active is designed to run in only one site. If there are 2 sites, site1 and site2, then customerUpdater and pricingUpdater will run in site1. When site2 is restarted, it is not possible to start pricing and customer updaters to load data from ECE database.
Expectation is that starting the server nodes itself should load all the data from ECE database to cache, instead of pricing updater and customer updater loading the data.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document