Bill Item Assigment Not Working If Balance Impacts Need To Be Assigned Do Different Items
(Doc ID 2785434.1)
Last updated on MARCH 31, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a scenario, when usage balance impacts for one event need to be assigned to different Bill items. In general the check is performed on CHARGING_RESULT_SPEC->ORIG_ZONE_RESULT but in one case the check is done on General Ledger ID (GLID). Unfortunately the item assignment is performed once and all balance impacts are assigned to the same item.
A charge selector where the impact category is important. There is "rule 1" impact category assigned to the rule that gets hit but the item selector does not contain such entry so a default item category is assigned
- A charge offer based on the charge selector
- A discount offer that consumes free units and deducts the charge, the GLID is important as it is used in the item selector.
The charging scenario:
- There is 200 units left on KB Free balance (the one consumed by the discount offer)
- Traffic of 1024 KB is sent, charged with 1.024 Euro, this charge should end up on the default item (/item/data0)
- the discount offer should be applied, that would consume the 200 of KB Free and credit Euro with 0.2, this 0.2 should hit "Extra Bundle: Traffic date" item selector rule because of the assigned GLID, and the /item/data2 item type should be assigned.
The discount impact should be in the /item/data2 as configured in the item selector.How to make it work, that some of the Euro balance impacts are assigned to different bill items based on the GLID, while the rest is assigned based on the charge selector impact category.
Snippet of ECS log:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document