Table Name Modified in Production Lifecyle without being Promoted
(Doc ID 2800629.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 26, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench - Version 3.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To clarify why, on Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench (DMW), after modifying the name of a table in Development lifecycle, the table name is also changed in Production lifecycle even if the Data Model was not promoted.
Complete scenario is presented below:
- Login to DMW UI.
- Checkout a test Data Model in Development lifecycle.
- Modify a test table name from <TABLE_NAME> to <_OLD_TABLE_NAME>
- Checkin the Data Model.
- Note that both table name and Oracle name for the test table have been updated in Development lifecycle to <_OLD_TABLE_NAME>.
- Select the test Data Model in Production lifecycle.
- Check the test table name and its corresponding Oracle Name.
The table name is updated to <OLD_TABLE_NAME> but the Oracle table name is still <TABLE_NAME>.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document