SIM Fails To Authorize Unit Amount Stock Count When One Child Auto Authorizes
(Doc ID 2805470.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing Unit and Amount stock counts in SIM, if one or more children auto authorizes because there are no discrepancies, then APPROVED_QUANTITY and APPROVED_DATE_TIME remain NULL in table STOCK_COUNT_LINE_ITEM, which throws the error in the screen: "Failed to approve stock count child!".
In sim.log the error is:
"Caused by: oracle.jdbc.OracleDatabaseException: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error
ORA-06512: at "SIM16.UNIT_AMOUNT_EXPORT_PKG", line 107
ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("SIM16"."STOCK_COUNT_EXPORT"."APPROVED_DATE")
ORA-06512: at "SIM16.UNIT_AMOUNT_EXPORT_PKG", line 12
ORA-06512: at line 1"
SIM should properly set APPROVED_QUANTITY and APPROVED_DATE_TIME in table STOCK_COUNT_LINE_ITEM when auto authorizing stock count children.
Department X stock count child has NULL values in APPROVED_QUANTITY and APPROVED_DATE_TIME in table STOCK_COUNT_LINE_ITEM
Department Y stock count child has values set properly in table STOCK_COUNT_LINE_ITEM
Stock count remains open with status “processing” in department Y
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a Unit and Amount product group with departments X and Y, make sure auto authorize is UNCHECKED and breakdown is set to DEPARTMENT.
2. Create a schedule for the product group for the next day.
3. Wait one day.
4. Run batch ExtractUnitAmountStockCount.sh.
5. Count department X with no discrepancies.
6. Notice SIM has already authorized department X.
7. Count department Y with discrepancies.
8. Authorize department Y manually.
9. Notice the message 'Failed to approve stock count child!' on the screen.
10. Notice the message 'cannot insert NULL into ("SIM16"."STOCK_COUNT_EXPORT"."APPROVED_DATE")' in sim.log.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document