Tax Rounding Discrepancies
(Doc ID 2859647.1)
Last updated on MARCH 31, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For a given account in Billing Revenue Management, based on database extract (for demonstration) from event and item tables, for all recurring charges and adjustments, it is observed that:
- If you sum the calculated tax (7%) per line item you will arrive with the total of 520.50.
- Note that BRM is calculating taxes per charge or per line item as per configuration.
- If you sum up all charges, it will be 7435.50.
- Then calculate the 7% tax from 7435.50, you will get 520.49.
- There is a discrepancy of 10 cents.
- Customer expects to calculate the tax based on the sum of all charges multiple by 7%.
Is there a way to calculate tax charges based on the total amount/charges of all the event line items in invoice?
Will this be achieved by having bill time taxation rather than event time, or is there a possibility the same rounding discrepancy might occur.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document