Undocking and Re-Docking Certain Tools Cause the NMS Workspace Layout to Get Corrupted
(Doc ID 2869301.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 2.5]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 2.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version,
Workspace layouts are not handled consistently when certain tools are docked.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a frame and dock a switch sheet into the frame (Note the switching-safety sheets goes into it.)
2. Save a workspace layout
3. Log out and back in selecting the new workspace layout (Note the frame doesn't pop back up upon login)
4. Open the frame via the tools menu. (Note the frame pops up with a white space in it)
5. Open a switch sheet. (Switch sheet pops up in the frame, note which switch sheet you opened)
6. close the frame via the big red X in the top right of the frame
7. Open a different switch sheet (Note the switch sheet opens docked in the web workspace)
8. Open the frame from the tools menu (Note the web workspace gets renamed and the requested frame doesn't open separately)
9. attempt to open the same frame from the tools menu. (Note that every tab in the web workspace has "untabbed" and stacked on top of one another)
1. Create a frame and dock a predefined tool into it (Let's use the Alarms and Devices list Abnormal devices filter)
2. Save your workspace layout.
3. Log out and back in using the workspace layout
4. Close the frame which has the alarms and devices list via the big red X in the right corner.
5. Open the alarms and device list abnormal devices filter via the tools menu_>Alarms device->abnormal devices list.
6. Close the alarms and devices list frame by using the little white x in the top right of the tool, not the frame itself.
7. Note the tools dropdown still shows the named frame, but you cannot open any new tools including work agenda or the any filters of the alarm and device list.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document