Unable to Change Bundle Due to "Credit Ceiling Breached" Error
(Doc ID 2880077.1)
Last updated on JULY 04, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Environment has Billing and Revenue Management 7.5 Patch Set 20, with Elastic Charging Engine 11.3 and Pricing Design Center 11.2.
- At the first day of the billing cycle a recurring grant is activated on a subscriber that grants 3000 seconds on balance A.
- Subscriber makes a call that consumes 1000 seconds from the balance A, so remaining balance is 2000.
- During the same day the subscriber changes his mind and tries to change the bundle to a new one, that grants 10000 seconds on a balance B. This is not being allowed.
- What the system does at the moment of bundle change is:
- Calculates the refund amount on balance A. Since the activity is on the same day that the grant was activated and the time is rounded to midnight, effectively the refund amount is for the full period, that is debit of 3000 seconds.
- Remaining balance becomes (-2000) + (3000) = 1000.
- Credit ceiling breach is triggered in Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) and optional bundle change is rejected.
- In general the bundle change can happen at any moment of the cycle as per business requirement.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create charge offer with below details:
- monthly cycle forward
- credit a non-currency resource (NCR), say Free Seconds, amount 1000, valid from event occurrence to 1 accounting cycle
- debit currency resource, say 1 Euro
- bill in advance = 1 month
- the NCR 'Free Seconds' has credit floor as null and credit limit as zero
- In ECE charging-settings.xml, set failBalanceUpdatesOnCreditCeilingBreach="true".
- 21 Jan: create account and purchase above charge offer. Billing day of month (BDOM) is 21. Bill cycle is 21 Jan to 21 Feb.
- 21 Jan: call PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT with below flist to reduce the balance of Free Seconds by 500 (this is to simulate consumption via usage).
Now the question is, given the business requirement, how can one turn off this credit limit check to allow the cancel operation to go through and hence allow the change bundle operation (via a subsequent call to op_subscription_purchase_deal)?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document