After Enabling Revision Specific Relationships, Relationships Tab Behavior Is Inconsistent, Duplicate Relationships Added to the New Revision and Relationship Added In Older Revision Disappers
(Doc ID 2899537.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After releasing the Change with the object with relationship objects, Relationships tab behavior is inconsistent, the new revision is showing duplicated relationship objects and the relationship object added to the previous revision is removed.
This will make the same item added twice and create duplicated rows if there was no change in the relationship tab from the earlier revision, and the one added to previous revision gets deleted.
After releasing the Change with the object with relationship objects, the relationship objects added to the previous revision is copied to the new revision (will be added only once), and the one added to previous revision remains in the previous version
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into Java Client as admin user, and go to Admin tab > Settings > Data Settings > Classes
- Open Parts > User Interface Tabs > Relationships > Attributes:Relationships, and open Revision
- Change Visible to Yes, and OK
- Gets below warning:
"WARNING! If you enable the revision attribute, it cannot be easily disabled later. Once you have enabled the revision attribute, users are allowed to create multiple Revision-Specific relationships on the Relationships tab. If you disable the revision attribute later, you must first resolve all multiple rows (one row for each revision of the same object) to a single ALL to ALL relationship row for all Parts with Revision-Specific relationships.
Click Yes to proceed."
- Click Yes
- Do the same for Documents.Relationships.Revision field
- Go to Admin tab > System Settings > SmartRules, and set [Copy Relationships To Rev] to "Copy" and Save
- Log into Web Client, and create a part P01
- Go to Relationship tab, and add a part P02
- Actions > Create New > Changes, and create a new Change
- Set Workflow to the Change, and go to Affected item's tab, and set New Rev (Revision) to 1 for P01
- Release Change.
- Open the Part P01, and go to Relationships tab. Show released revision 1.
See there are two rows of P02 added. Revision shows "Last-Introductory" for both of the rows.
Expected Result: See only one row for P02
- Select Introductory revision. No row shows in Relationship tab.
Expected Result: See one row for P02
Enabled Revision-Specific Relationships, and set SmartRules > Copy Relationships To Rev to "Copy"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document