Redlined BOM Allows Update Child Item To Replace a Part
(Doc ID 2911060.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Agile 9.3.3 redlining BOM allows modifying / updating the item number of child part to replace one part with another.
For update, Item Number should be readonly , only BOM attributes change should be allowed.
If user wants to replace one part with another they should need to perform redline delete and add.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Start WebClient as Admin
2. Create Part1, Part11 and Part12, Part21, Part22 with different Item
3. Add Part11, Part21, Part to BOM of Part1
4. Create ECO1 against Part1
5. On ECO1 and goto Affected Items tab and select Part1
6. On BOM Redline tab - double click Item Number attribute "Part11" and
overwrite with new value "Part12"
7. Click save
8. Find old Item Number attribute "Part11" crossed out in red, and new value
Part12 written in red - Quantity , Find number untouched
This is causing misinterpretation of proposed changes. It shows that existing BOM is modified, but user would have actually replaced one part with another. Since Item number is editable, there is option for users to update item number. If they do so, BOM Action type is appearing as "Change". This is causing confusion, as when we say the action type is Change - it should be only BOM attributes change of existing child parts and not actually part replacement.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document