MSCFNSCW ASCP Planner Workbench Release Process is Releasing Planned Orders From Other Users - Also Duplicate Purchase Requests Sometimes Created
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Materials Requirement Planning - Version 11.5.9 and later
Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 11.5.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:MSCFNSCW.FMB - Planner Workbench
Form:MRPSCPWB.FMB - Supply Chain Planner Workbench
Find that when two users are in the ASCP Planners Workbench and updating records for Release when one of them is done with their updates and actually submit the release, that both the user's records are released.
It has been also shown that when users release planned orders at the exact same time, duplicate purchase requisitions are created from the planned orders. This is hard to do but it sometimes does occur.
For old regular MRP module the Planners workbench will release all the planned orders that are selected for release by multiple planners when one user selects the release button
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. User 1 logs into MRP Planner Workbench,
2. User 1 Finds the current planned order recommendations for a particulate planner code.
3. User 2 logs into MRP Planner Workbench,
4. User 2 Finds the current planned order recommendations for a particulate planner code.
5. User 1 Selects All for Release.
6. User 2 Selects All for Release.
7. User 1 Completes the process of checking and unchecking, then Saves.
8. User 2 is not yet complete in process and still has records to check and uncheck, and has not yet saved.
9. User 1 then selects the [ Release ] button.
10. When User 1 selects the [ Release ] button all saved and checked planned order recommendations for both User 1 and User 2 are released back to Work in Process and Purchasing modules.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms