How To Achieve The Proration For A Discount With Fixed Amount
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 29-Apr-2013***
How to accomplish the Proration for a discount with Fixed Amount ?
Consider the following scenario:
1) Create a product with Monthly Cycle Forward (MCF) event that charges $100
2) Create a discount that gives the fixed amount discount as $20 on that MCF.
The discount is configured as below:
Drum Exp : TOTALQ
Rule Type : Tiered
Drum Type : Quantity
Base Expression : TOTALC
Amount : -20
3) Associate these two product/discount to one deal
4) Create a customer with this deal on 1st May
5) Now the balance amount for this account will be $80 (i.e. $100 - $20)
6) Move the pin_virtual_time (PVT) to 15th May
7) Cancel the discount through Customer Center
8) Now the the $20 will be reverted back and the balance amount for that account will be $100, where as the expected is the discount should be prorated and the amount should be $90.
How can the above requirement be achieved?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms