How to Use Migrate.bat (Data Pump) to Move Data from a Source Database Instance to a Newly Created Target Database Instance
(Doc ID 911740.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 12, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
This document is intended to provide a set of instructions to use the Migrate.bat utility. The Migrate.bat tool is a Java-based data pump utility, which can be used move data from one database to another:
- SQLServer to Oracle
- Oracle to SQLServer
- Oracle to Oracle
- SQL Server to SQL Sever
- This utility was designed to import data into a newly created database; data cannot be imported into an existing database. It can also be used to repair damaged databases, but will only correct issues with regards to database objects (constraints, views, etc.) and will not correct data-specific issues. Using this utility to correct schema related issues is not ideal for customers with larger databases (10GB+) due to the utility's slow performance. Customers with larger databases should try to manually resolve schema related issues first whenever possible.
- This utility should only be used to migrate databases from one source to another at its current version only. This utility was not designed to use to upgrade from one version to another.
- Starting with r15.2.x, this utility can move data between EPPM and PPM database schemas. For additional context refer to How to Convert An EPPM DB to PPM DB or a PPM DB to EPPM DB? (Doc ID 2088877.1).
- This information is also available in the Database Administration Guide in the product documentation for the appropriate version.
- When using this migration tool, please note that the tool may be slow to move larger datasets since bulk importing is not currently configured for the migration tool.
- This issue has been resolved in r188.8.131.52 and later releases. For context, including a setting which is required to turn in on, refer to Migrate Utility Missing The -Dusebatchinserts=true JVM Parameter Preventing Bulk Inserting From Running During The Target Database Data Load (Doc ID 2069596.1)
- Although this tool is provides the technical capability to move a database from one SQL Server to another SQL Server & one Oracle Instance to another Oracle Instance, it is recommended when migrating in these cases to use the database backup and restore procedures in replace of the migrate utility. For a SQL Server platform, refer to How To: Backup And Restore A SQL Server Database (Doc ID 905825.1)
- If using the migration tool to create a SQL Server database with the 15.x release, please see the following knowledge base document for a defect found in 184.108.40.206-220.127.116.11: Migrate Tool Not Creating Privuser Views and Setting Pubuser.Private_db_passwd (Doc ID 2087409.1)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!