Last updated on JUNE 06, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 6.2 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 6.2 to 15.2]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 6.2 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 6.2 to 15.2]
This document is intended to provide a set of instructions to use the Migrate.bat utility. The Migrate.bat tool is the new java based data pump utility, which can be used pump data from one database to another:
- SQLServer to Oracle
- Oracle to SQLServer
- Oracle to Oracle
- SQL Server to SQL Sever
- This utility was designed to import data into a newly created database and cannot be imported into an existing database. It can also be used to repair damaged databases, but will only correct issues with regards to database objects (constraints, views, etc.) and will not correct data specific issues. Using this utility to correct schema related issues is not ideal for customers with larger databases (10GB+) due to the performance of the utility. Customers with larger databases should try to manually resolve schema related issues first whenever possible.
- This utility should only be used to migrate databases from one source to another at its current version only. This utility was not designed to use to upgrade from one version to another.
- Starting with r15.2.x, this utility can move data between EPPM and PPM databases. Refer to the following knowledge base document for additional context: How to Convert An EPPM DB to PPM DB or a PPM DB to EPPM DB? (Doc ID 2088877.1)
- If you are using a version prior to P6.2, the CA.exe was used to pump data. You will need to follow the steps in: How To Use CA.exe With Project Management Document 905262.1.
- Starting with release 8.3, this information has now been included in the Installation and Configuration documentation, Using the Data Pump Utility section.
- When using this migration tool, please note that the tool may be slow to move larger datasets since bulk importing is not currently configured for the migration tool.
- For release, 7.0 - r15.1, this is noted in the following bug request: Bug 13036577 - MIGRATE.BAT UTILITY HAS POOR PERFORMANCE WHEN MIGRATING LARGE DATABASES
- This issue has been resolved in r18.104.22.168 and later releases. Refer to the following knowledge base document for context, including a setting which is required to turn in on if using the 15.2.x release: Migrate Utility Missing The -Dusebatchinserts=true JVM Parameter Preventing Bulk Inserting From Running During The Target Database Data Load (Doc ID 2069596.1)
- Although this tool is provides the technical capability to move a database from one SQL Server to another SQL Server & one Oracle Instance to another Oracle Instance, it is recommended when migrating in these cases to use the database backup and restore procedures in replace of the migrate utility:
- If using SQL Server, refer to: How To: Backup And Restore A SQL Server Database (Doc ID 905825.1)
- If using Oracle, refer to: Importing and Exporting Primavera Databases with Oracle (EXP/IMP) (Doc ID 892425.1)
- If using the migration tool to create a SQL Server database with the 15.x release, please see the following knowledge base document for a defect found in 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199: Migrate Tool Not Creating Privuser Views and Setting Pubuser.Private_db_passwd (Doc ID 2087409.1)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms