Roles Are Deleted On Any Change/ Update to the User
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion HCM Common Architecture - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, HCM Common
Roles are deleted on any change/update to the user.
Roles assigned to the user are deleted on any change/update to the employee.
Expect to be able to make changes to the user record without having their Roles removed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Login as person responsible for Managing User records
2) Navigator > Person Management - Manage Employment.
3) Edit - Update
4) Action = Change Manager (this issue has also been noted with other action types)
5) Change the Manager in manager details section.
6) Click Review.
7) The Roles window pops up to show Current Roles - one row.
8) Click OK.
9) On the Review page, it has one row on Remove Role that is the same as what was shown in the Current Roles even though there was never a request to remove the Role.
10) Review the Manage User Account page.
It now shows that the role is Pending - Remove Requested.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot make changes to User employment records. Any change / update to their employment information results in removal of roles.
- Customer is a Financials customer with a Foundation HR deployment, not a full HCM deployment.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms