Payables Override Account Does Not Post To Specified Accounting Period
(Doc ID 2059329.1)
Last updated on JULY 09, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Payables Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Other Issues
There is a requirement to override an account for a Payables invoice originally posted to a prior period which is now closed. The accounting date defaults to the current period during the override operation. However, the general ledger entry is not created for the current period. This causes the Post Subledger Journal Entries process to fail. Journal Import Execution Report shows error:
EP01 This date is not in an open or future enterable period.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create an invoice with accounting date in period May 2015 (as an example)
2. Close the May 2015 period in AP and GL
3. Go to Manage Invoices and select the invoice
4. Go to Actions > View Accounting
5. Click on Override Account
6. Notice that the Accounting Date defaults to system date, and Submit
7. Review the Post Subledger Journal Entries process and notice it ends in Error
8. Review the Journal Import report for the error details and notice that it failed due to the closed period.
When Override Account is used, the new distributions should post as per the accounting date.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document